Welcome Eliza Grace Smith!
Citizen Soldier Film Partners with Tommy Baldwin Racing,
Regan Smith at Dover International Speedway
HUNTERSVILLE, NC (September 22, 2016) - "Citizen Soldier," a feature film using real footage that follows an Oklahoma National Guard unit during its deployment to Afghanistan will be the primary sponsor for Regan Smith's No. 7 Chevrolet at Dover International Speedway on Sunday, October 2.
Produced by Strong Eagle Media and distributed by Gravitas Ventures and Broad Green Pictures, "Citizen Soldier" is a modern day "Band of Brothers" and documents the Oklahoma Army National Guard's 45th Infantry Brigade Combat Team's (nicknamed the "Thunderbirds") 2011 deployment. Set in one of the most dangerous parts of Afghanistan at the height of the surge, it is a heart-pounding, heartfelt grunt's-eye view of the war. The film tells the true story of an exceptional group of young soldiers and their life-changing tour of duty in Afghanistan, offering an excruciatingly personal look into modern warfare, brotherhood and patriotism.
For Baldwin, this film hit home due to a relationship with United States Marine Corps Sgt. Derek Stevenin. Through Baldwin's friendship with Derek, Tommy understood the trials he faced with serving five deployments in just eight years. This past Memorial Day, TBR honored Derek and 17 of his fallen brothers on the No. 7 car at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
"I've always been drawn to support military efforts because of Derek and the NASCAR fans we meet at track each week who tell me their stories of service," said Baldwin. "We are honored to have Citizen Soldier Film on our car at Dover to further tell their story during the Citizen Soldier 400 race weekend."
"We are honored to have our film 'Citizen Soldier' ride with a team as respected as Tommy Baldwin Racing, especially with a proven winner like Regan Smith behind the wheel," said the film's producers Bert Bedrosian, Christian Tureaud and David Salzberg. "We know the No.7 car will have members of the National Guard all over the country cheering it into the winner's circle in Dover."
Tune in to the Citizen Solider 400 on NBCSN at 2:00 p.m. ET.
Founded in 2009, Tommy Baldwin Racing is a NASCAR organization that fields the No. 7 Chevrolet driven by Regan Smith in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Baldwin, a native of Long Island, New York, is a Daytona 500-winning crew chief in his eighth season as a full-time Cup Series car owner.
For more information on Tommy Baldwin Racing, please visit them on Facebook, Twitter or their website.
- Citizen Soldier Film Partners with Tommy Baldwin Racing at Dover International Speedway (September 22, 2016)
- Pre-Race News and Notes: Michigan (August 26, 2016)
- Toy State® To Unveil NASCAR® Products at Michigan International Speedway (August 26, 2016)
- Schultz Heating & Cooling Joins Tommy Baldwin Racing at Watkins Glen International (August 3, 2016)
- Tommy Baldwin Racing Salutes New York Modified Legend "Dutch" Hoag (August 2, 2016)
- Weather Strategy Offers Up a Third-Place Finish
for TBR and Regan Smith (August 1, 2016)
- Pre-Race News and Notes: Indianapolis (July 21, 2016)
- TBR Pays Tribute to Legendary NASCAR Modified Car Owner, Mario Fiore (July 15, 2016)
- Pre-Race News and Notes: Kentucky Speedway (July 9, 2016)
- Pre-Race News and Notes: Daytona International Speedway (June 29, 2016)
- Regan Smith Looks For Great Finish In Sonoma (June 26, 2016)
- Tommy Baldwin Racing, Advance Auto Parts and Quaker State
Back for the Quaker State 400 (June 21, 2016)
- Toy State and Go Baby Go Host Second Annual Charlotte Workshop for Children with Mobility Issues (May 25, 2016)