Regan Smith - Haas Automation Racing Team Report
Haas Automation Racing Team Report
Round 2 of 36 – Folds of Honor 500 – Atlanta
Car No.: 41 – Haas Automation Chevrolet
|Primary Team Members:
|Driver: Regan Smith
Hometown: Cato, New York
|Crew Chief: Tony Gibson
Hometown: Daytona Beach, Florida
|Car Chief: Kevin Pennell
Hometown: Kannapolis, North Carolina
|Engine Builder: Hendrick Motorsports
Headquarters: Concord, North Carolina
|Engine Specialist: Stephen Raynor
Hometown: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
|Spotter: Rick Carelli
|Over-The-Wall Crew Members:
|Gas Man: Rick Pigeon
Hometown: Fairfax, Vermont
|Front Tire Changer: Shane Pipala
Hometown: Frankfort Square, Illinois
|Second Gas Man: Justin Wilson
Hometown: St. Paul, Minnesota
|Front Tire Carrier: Jon Bernal
Hometown: Holland, Michigan
|Windshield: Jay Guarneri (also serves as interior mechanic)
Hometown: Naples, Florida
|Rear Tire Changer: Coleman Dollarhide
Hometown: Hickory, North Carolina
|Jackman: Sean Cotten
Hometown: Mooresville, North Carolina
|Rear Tire Carrier: Dwayne Moore
Hometown: Griffin, Georgia
|Road Crew Members:
|Truck Driver: Todd Cable and Rocky Boggs
Hometowns: Shelby, North Carolina, and Burlington, North Carolina
|Tire Specialist: Jeff Zarrella
Hometown: Southington, Connecticut
|Shock Specialist: Brian Holshouser
Hometown: Charlotte, North Carolina
|Engineers: Johnny Klausmeier and Mike Cook
Hometowns: Perry Hall, Maryland, and Annapolis, Maryland
|Mechanic: Shawn Warren
Hometown: Concord, North Carolina
|Mechanic: Andy Spenner
Hometown: Hoyleton, Illinois
Chassis No. 894:
Regan Smith will pilot Chassis No. 894 at Atlanta Motor Speedway in Sunday’s Folds of Honor 500. It was previously a No. 10 chassis for Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) teammate Danica Patrick. It made its debut at Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway in October 2014, when Patrick qualified 14th and appeared to be on her way to a top-10 finish before her solid run was derailed when she was involved in an on-track incident at lap 247. Since then, Chassis No. 894 has been outfitted with a new body and will see its first laps of the season this weekend at Atlanta.
Atlanta Motor Speedway Notes of Interest:
- The Folds of Honor 500 will mark Smith’s 174th career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start and his seventh at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
- Smith has Sprint Cup career totals of one win, three top-five finishes and 11 top-10s.
- Smith’s best finish at the 1.54-mile oval is 14th, which he accomplished twice – in March 2010 and September 2012. Additionally, Smith has an average starting position of 31.8, an average finish of 24.3 and has completed 97.5 percent of the laps he has contested (1,919 of 1,968).
- Smith has also made four NASCAR Xfinity Series starts at Atlanta, which have resulted in two top-10 finishes. Smith’s best finish is sixth, which came in his most-recent start in October 2014.
- Double Duty - In addition to his driving duties in Sunday’s Sprint Cup race, Smith will drive the No. 7 Chevrolet for JR Motorsports in Saturday’s Xfinity Series race.
- Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) at Atlanta – In 19 overall starts at Atlanta, SHR-prepared Chevrolets have earned one win (Tony Stewart, 2010), three top-five finishes and seven top-10s, have been atop the leaderboard for 417 laps, and have completed 96.3 percent of the laps contested (6,028 of 6,261).
Regan Smith’s Atlanta Motor Speedway Performance Profile:
||×Kobalt Tools 500
||Emory Healthcare 500
||Kobalt Tools 500
||Pep Boys Auto 500
× Race length extended due to green-white-checkered finish.